Friday, October 1, 2010

Some Like it Hot

Today's meal is somewhat of an oldie, in that I've cooked it a number of times before, but it's fairly knew to my repertoire of recipes. I always like to recreate foods that I've had a restaurants, so I can have those yummy meals at a fraction of the yummy price. So tonight, we dine on Blackened Chicken Pasta. The chicken is a bit spicy, so the critics only have a small portion, but the sous-chef and I love it. It's great over salad or pasta, but we opted for some carbs today. I've always like the idea of blackened chicken over a creamy alfredo pasta. A little hot and cool at the same time, but never knew how easy it was to make, until I found this recipe:

Directions:
Cook cubed chicken breast in skillet in olive oil until no longer pink
Cook pasta according to package directions
Add blackened chicken spices to the pan until evenly coated

Drain pasta and coat with favorite alfredo sauce (I use the PC Roasted Garlic Alfredo)
Dish out and serve blackened chicken overtop

Blackened Chicken Spice Mix
2 tbsp ketchup
1/2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp thyme
1 tbsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic or onion powder

I mix all the spices together but keep the ketchup separate. Coat chicken with ketchup first and then add the other spices so they stick to the chicken better. A couple quick turns of the pan until the chicken gets a little 'blackened' and you're good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment