Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wedding Bells

Where have I been? It's been a while since I blogged, anywhere. Mostly because there's been a lot of same-old. I've been revisiting some of the same recipes I've already blogged about, so there was nothing new to say.
Last night, a favorite of my Sous-chefs. And honestly, that drive to find new recipes and cook is always in an effort to impress him. It's how I 'show it'.
This meal is so simple to make and yet so delicious, and he loves it...win-win-win.

Bruschetta Pasta
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp each: salt, pepper, garlic salt, oregano, parsley, basil

Mix together in the morning and allow to 'marinate' in the fridge all day

Cook your favorite pasta, top with your favorite alfredo sauce and sprinkle bruschetta over top.

Yum.

I came up with this idea when I was at a family dinner for my brother's wedding. They held it at a restaurant in Calgary and I saw my uncle order some pasta dish that looked similar to this and SO delicious. It made me rethink not ordering an entree. But alas, I decided to forgo the restaurant costs and instead figure out how to make it myself.

Hey, brother, thanks for getting married. It inspired a good recipe! Oh, and gave us an awesome SIL as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment