Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tilapia Tacos

So while I was at Costco the other day with the Sous-chef to buy diapers and other such bulk items, we decided to pick up some Salmon. Something we all enjoy and feel good about eating. Right beside the Salmon was a package of Tilapia fillets. I mentioned, "I heard tilapia is good" and he said, "Get it then." So we did. We told the kids it was 'white salmon' so they would at least try it. And tonight, it was Tilapia night. The critics had also been bugging me that it had been a while since we have had Tacos, and since I'm off the red-meat thing right now, I decided Tilapia Tacos was in order.

Tilapia:
2 Tilapia filets
1 tsp smoked paprika
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp vegetable oil

Mix together salt, cumin, paprika, and pepper; sprinkle over tilapia, both sides. Brush with oil. Grill, covered with tin foil, for 5-8 minutes, until fish flakes easily.

Pico de Gallo:
chop up onion, jalapeno and tomato. Mix together and let sit together in the fridge for a few hours. Serve on top of tacos

Spicy Ranch:
2 tbsp ranch
few shakes of hot sauce or Tabasco to your liking

Fill up your tortilla with all the fixins. Top with grated cheese. Yum!
We had it with some spicy roast potatoes.

The critics ate it up. One said: "I taste the veggies first, and then the White Salmon just slaps you in the face with yummy taste." She's a bit dramatic.

I'm glad tilapia was a hit. Because we have a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment